The Meyers Neuropsychological Battery (MNB) integrates neuropsychological tests into a modified Rohling Interpretive Method (RIM) statistical approach combined with a profile matching approach.
The MNB uses a core of common standardized neuropsychological test, to which the user can add a 1000 of their own tests and their own norms if desired. The added test are not dependent upon any specific neuropsychological battery of tests, and can be incorporated into the RIM calculations if desired. The MNB has an extensive database used for comparing your patient’s data with various patient groups. The current database is 10,000 subjects with 90+ comparison groups identified. The MNB uses objective statistical matching methods to assist the clinician in matching patient data to a comparison group. This statistical matching method is better than 90% accurate. The interpretation of the tests used in the MNB use the standard interpretation as with any battery of neuropsychological tests, what the MNB software adds is statistics, and comparison groups as well as a nifty customizable report generator to help with report writing.
The tests that are included in the database are:
- WISC-IV/V/WAIS-III/IV (Ward 7 subtest short form)
- Forced Choice
- Animal Naming
- NAART (Revised)
- 1 Minute Estimation
- Dichotic Listening
- Sentence Repetition
- Judgement of Line Orientation
- Boston Naming
- Finger Tapping
- Finger Localization
- Trail Making Test
- Token Test
- Rey Complex Figure and Recognition Trial
- Rey Auditory Verbal Learning Test
- Category Test-Victoria version / Full version
You may add your own tests as well. The MNB is very flexible and can accommodate new tests and new norms as the field of neuropsychology changes. The MNB also as a customizable report generator to assist the clinician in report writing.
See short discussion of the MNS and patterns of impairment in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) (Aug 2005).
To order the Meyers Neuropsychological Battery (MNB) you must be a Licensed Psychologist and have a specialty in Neuropsychology. If you do not meet these criteria, do not order the software (I will not activate it until I verify your psychology license). By ordering the software you agree you meet the two criteria and you also agree not to give out copies of the software (or any of its accompanying data files) to anyone for any reason at anytime (including lawyers, judges, or patients or anyone else).
These is a yearly renewal fee after the initial purchase. Your purchase/renewal includes all updates and free technical help with the program.
If needed, you can download a Paper Invoice for ordering the MNB application.
Other facts about the MNB
- MNB can be used with children age 6 to adult age 99
- MNB can use the Canadian WAIS-IV/WISC-IV, and adapts to the Canadian Education System
- MNB also adapts to New Zealand Education system and the UK Education system
- The MNB is available in Spanish, and Samoan.
- The MNB can adjust for ESL
- You can add 1000 of your own test and norms to the MNB.
- You can do test–retest comparisons with a reliable change index.
- The MNB has built in methods for assessing Premorbid functioning levels.
- There is a special mode in the MNB for doing Aeromedical Neuropsychological evaluations that meets FAA regulations/requirements
- The MNB contains built in performance validity measures that assess validity of each of the core neuropsychological tests.